Monday, 12 November 2012

Wish I Was Here...

I think I have a serious case of the Post-Holiday Blues. You know, that feeling you get after returning from an awesome trip somewhere, when everything just feels a little bit...meh. Trips away are fun, exciting and a welcome break from the usual everyday routine, so when you finally have to come back to reality...meh. It's so hard to get inspired to get back into everyday life and do the kinda mundane things that go with it- cooking, washing, cleaning, going to work, actually getting up at a reasonable hour in the morning...

So what's the best way to get rid of the meh and actually feel excited about the everyday again? (This isn't a rhetorical question, I genuinely have no idea. So any suggestions would be much appreciated).

As I ponder an actual answer to this conundrum, why don't you have a peek at a few of my fave pics from my recent trip to Hawaii?

Palm trees lining the beach at the back of our hotel.
The statue of the "father of modern surfing" Duke Kahanamoku at Waikiki. People pay their respects by placing leis on his arms and at his feet.
The caldera of the Kilauea Volcano in the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Big Island.
And the same view at night, this time with lava glow!
T
The Thurston Lava Tube near Kilauea. 
This and the following three photos were taken at one of my favourite places on Oahu, Kualoa Ranch. Scenes from Jurassic Park were filmed here *cue film nerd squeal of delight.* 



The famous Diamond Head crater at Waikiki, as seen in a million tourism brochures! Even prettier in real life.
Sunset over the water at Waikiki beach.
Wouldn't we all like to be at Waikiki right now, overlooking the beach and sipping a Mai Tai? Hell yes! (Hey, it doesn't even have to be a Mai Tai, I'll take a coke, as long as I'm there!) It would certainly be a perfect solution for the deadly combination of Post-Holiday Blues and Monday-itis.

What do you do to make yourself feel better when you're feeling uninspired or a bit meh? I'd love to know!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. beautiful! i am a fan of the new Hawaii-5-0 and the scenery shown there is nothing but UH-MA-ZING!!!! and the lead actor is from down under lauren and he is damn cute!!!! whew! i am jealous right now!!!! :) ohhh and how to get over a vacay? plan the next destination!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just letting you know I nominated you for the Liebster award! You can look at the details here: http://thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/i-won-liebster-award.html

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waikiki is gorgeous, isn't it?? We went years & years ago. Generally, to shake myself out of the blehs,I try to do something new. You know, something I have to try & figure out-- generally wakes my brain up lol.
    Just stumbled across your blog & most happy to be a new follower!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting us, we love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...