Thursday, 22 November 2012

Five Friday Finds



So I thought it might be fun to share some of the interesting things I have come across and loved in my wanderings this week.
 (Please ignore if said awesome things have already been discovered in your own travels and pat yourself on the back – you rock!)



Reading the new ‘Good Stuff Holiday Guide’ released by the lovely Pip at Meet Me At Mikes. I think my fave gifts were the Kate Spade ‘Look on the bright side’ bracelet, the colourful turquoise Saltwater Sandals and this amazing geometric Gorman skirt. It was also exciting to have a little Whimsy & Juno love featured on Page 33. It was only a dream that one day we might have a little shop of our own to include in a publication like this.


Finding out that playing with oven hardening Fimo can be a lot of fun and it’s not that hard to use. Lauren and a few other crafters out there like Christina Lowry Designs and Meet Me At Mike’s inspired me to give it a go. I managed to wrangle a spare hour the other night while hubby had some time with Soph and I was able to make quite a few beads. It was little hard on the hands and I probably should have read some kind of instructions on how to work it properly but I think they turned out okay. The colour combinations are endless and it is good to note that the colours do darken slightly when baked. Something I was a bit oblivious to when I selected my colours but makes a lot of sense. There may be a few fimo bead necklaces under the Christmas tree this year.  


The discovery of a new macaron dealer, sorry retailer in Brissy. Unfortunately compared to Sydney and Melbourne a good macaron is very hard to find here. Instagram is such a great way of finding out about new places to eat and thanks to the lovely Sophie at Her Library Adventures I have a bead on where I can get some delicious French goodies.  Ironically enough they are at the Spanish inspired Chocolateria San Churro cafe at Southbank.  I’ll report back once I’ve checked out the merchandise.


That the movies Only You and When Harry Met Sally still make me gush like the hopeless romantic that I am every time I watch them.  I’ve recently developed a habit of re-watching all my favourite movies and educating my husband who has not seen hardly any of them. You’d think I spent my entire childhood at the movies! Although come to think if it he has probably played every computer game since 1985.




It was also so great to finally see the quiet release of the entire AC/DC back catalogue on iTunes. I love some good Aussie rock and I never get tired of those guitar riffs. This led to a funny discovery that bub loves to fall asleep to a little heavy rock music. In my mind this means purchase justified. Well that’s my story and I am sticking to it!

I'd love to hear if you have discovered something that has made your week a little more interesting. 

Cheers Sarah 
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. really amazing color combo :) rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to find french macroons here in New York too...I live outside of New York city about a half over away and there is just one bakery that has them...aka they are sold out always...

    Every time "When Harry met sally" or "Only You" is on I have to watch it. The beauty of it is I've seen them all a thousand times so I can start it wherever I catch it! =)

    Have a great weekend!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds, Sarah!
    How have you been since Blogtoberfest? I just wanted to let you know that I'm hosting another (albeit gentler and more introspective) blog challenge over the month of December called #reverb12. Would be so rapt if you joined us!
    There's a little giveaway too. :-)
    Details here: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/reverb12.html
    Take care,
    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved When Harry Met Sally. It's genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all your finds! Only You is one of my faves, too...I think I have it on (gasp) VHS!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting us, we love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...