- vomit can appear on your clothing from nowhere and remain unnoticed until returning home from the shops.
- Projectile number 3's do exist and like a rare sighting of Bigfoot, are a sight to behold.
- discussing baby's bowel movements will become as common place as discussing the weather.
- washing will increase ten fold. Murphy's law dictates that any clean item of clothing placed on baby will be puked on with 2 seconds of leaving the change table.
- arranging a photo shoot for bub at 2 weeks old expecting to get serene Anne Geddes style photos is a recipe for disaster. (Within a minute of dressing her in her new dress Soph proceeded to projectile vomit not only down her front, but her back and down the front of my maxi dress!).
- Sleep deprivation can for example can cause you, to purchase a magazine at the newsagent and then leave it on the counter, go home and then remember 4 hours later. (I can now sympathize with my own mother who once broke down after making tuna casserole and forgetting the tuna!)
- finally, experiencing the beauty and joy of unconditional love despite all of the above and the knowledge I wouldn't have things any other way.