Hawaii. You go there for the beautiful beaches, lush mountain ranges, ancient volcanoes...and the shopping. To be more precise: the makeup shopping. After cleaning out Sephora's Waikiki outpost, as well as Macy's and Nordstrom's at Ala Moana I have come away with a few new favourites stashed in my makeup bag...
1. Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Foundation (USD$62). Just when you thought his foundations couldn't possibly get any more perfect...they do. This new addition feels gorgeous on your skin due to its featherlight formulation and truly is the closest thing to feeling like you're wearing no makeup at all.
2. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder Compact (USD$47). Finish off your new base with this silky smooth powder compact with its ever-so-subtle face illuminating shimmer. (This also gets bonus points for its sleek and sexy packaging that just makes you want to whip it out in public and show it off).
3. Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner in Turquoise ($36). The loveliest shimmery peacock blue shade to line your eyes with for spring and summer. Plus it's guaranteed to stay on through anything. I think I hear the beach calling...
4. Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Colour Balms in Mighty Mimosa and Pudgy Peony ($35) are the perfect hybrid of a gloss, balm and lipstick. These are the new cult beauty items and since their launch in 2011 one is now sold around the world every 15 seconds. So they must be good, right? Great for those extra windy days when you need to wear something more matte in order to keep your hair from sticking to your mouth. (Because inhaling your own hair is never a good look).
5. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in Boy ($50). Another gloss/lippy hybrid, this range of lipsticks has a perfect balance of sheer colour combined with a semi-matte finish. This particular shade has accumulated quite a following among the fashionable set due to its dusky pink, shimmery hue that looks amazing on everyone. A great every day staple product for your makeup bag!
6. Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer ($46) and Face Touch Up Stick ($58) are your new complexion perfection secret weapons. While I have always been a lover of Becca's Compact Concealer, it is unfortunately very hard to track down and it's kind of hard to pick out your perfect shade off of a website. I have since found the perfect replacements in these fantastic Bobbi Brown formulations. The Creamy Concealer is specifically designed for covering those pesky under eye circles and leaves you looking naturally refreshed, with nary a "reverse racoon" eye in sight. The Face Touch Up Stick is your all-rounder concealer that's especially good at hiding any evil pimple or acne flare ups. There's a great shade range available too so everyone can find their perfect match.
7. Ciate Mini Mani Month ($58). Literally a nail polish fanatic's dream in a box. Or perhaps the coolest advent calendar ever: behind each door lies one of Ciate's signature bow adorned bottles of nail polish *insert girlish squeal of glee here*. This amazing box set includes 20 mini nail polishes, four of them being Ciate's famous Caviar Manicure blends (you can check out the post I wrote here about this awesome product), along with three surprise nail polish colours. Surely the perfect present for any nail fiend (and just think of the major brownie points you'll score for giving such a squee inducing gift!)
Have you made any new great makeup discoveries lately?
Have a beautiful week!