Since our family is about to get a lovely new addition as Sarah and her husband Sean are about to have their first baby in the next day or so, I thought it was only fitting to write a Makeup Monday post featuring some products for mums and bubs. (Although I'm not going to recommend any actual makeup for babies, but hey, if you want to doll them up to go on Toddlers and Tiaras that's your own business). So here is a selection of some bath and beauty products to pamper new mums as well as some soothing products for baby's sensitive skin.
1. The Body Shop's Shea Body Butter ($27.95) is just the thing for pregnant bellies! Full of fair trade cocoa butter from Ghana, it's super rich and moisturising and perfect for soothing dry winter skin. Plus it smells completely amazing, so it's really a win-win on all fronts.
2. Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 ($12.95) really is the best lip balm around- no foolin'! Perfect for winter time chapped lips, it's an essential always-have-it-in-the-handbag beauty item. Great for when you can't be bothered putting any makeup on because it gives lips a lovely natural shine. Intense moisturisation + it makes it look like you've made an effort? Total score.
3. Okay, so this isn't really an essential product for mums, but I love it so I couldn't resist including it anyway. But really it's a total time saving product because the gorgeously understated hue of Priti NYC's nail polish in Sweet Pea ($12.50) can be applied slapdash to fingernails and toes and still look super pretty. The nude colour suits everyone and would be particularly great for toes as the polish will last for ages and no one will notice any chips. Plus you also get extra fashion cred for wearing the shade especially designed for Stella McCartney's S/S 2012 collection shown at Paris Fashion Week. Tres chic, no?
4. This Coconut Shower Cream ($12.95) from The Body Shop is a little divine daily indulgence for all mums. It smells like a tropical holiday, is super moisturising and full of organic coconut oil from Samoa. Warning: Use may induce craving for coconut cream pie.
1. Gaia Skin Naturala Sleeptime Bath ($11.50) is an organic baby wash containing skin friendly evening primrose oil and
baby sedatives relaxing scents of lavender and ylang ylang. Designed to help your baby relax and feel extra-sleepy for bedtime.
2. This Baby Pamper Pack ($37) from the awesomely named Tasmanian company Beauty and the Bees contains five 100% organic, chemical free products for bub. Full of soothing herbs, beeswax and honey, the outrageously cute Baby Bee range is just the thing for mums who are concerned about chemicals and artificial ingredients irritating their baby's skin. In fact, all the mums at Hobart Private Hospital's Maternity Unit are given Baby Bee products for their newborn babes. That's one hell of a gift basket folks!
3. This mild, no-tears formula Buriti Baby Wash from The Body Shop contains creamy cocoa butter that's perfect for keeping baby's skin soft and moisturised. (Mums can also steal it and use it too!)
4. Gaia Baby Massage Oil ($11.50) combines sweet almond oil with pure chamomile and lavender to create a soothing oil for baby massage time. Being constantly fed, changed, entertained and massaged? It's not a bad life being a baby...
5. Nappy rash is a common baby ailment, so try using using Gaia's Skin Soothing Lotion ($10). Chock full of goodies like organic chamomile, calendula and beeswax, you can use it on rashes or irritated and dry skin.
Do you have any product recommendations for new mums and babies? We'd love to know!
Since Sarah's bub is due in the next couple of days the blog will probably be a bit quiet for the rest of the week. But we'll be back very soon with photos of the baby as well as launching the Whimsy & Juno online shop! Yaysies!
Have a beautiful week!