Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Coming Soon to the Whimsy and Juno Online Shop...


Chocolate and Steel Jewellery!

These adorable pieces are created by the super-talented Christine Street who hails from Los Angeles. Christine only uses reclaimed silver to make her handmade designs, so they don't just look lovely, they're environmentally friendly too.

If some of the characters on the jewellery look familiar that's because Christine has collaborated with some awesome illustrators for her designs. Susie Ghahremani of the super popular boygirlparty (the owls, cats, bunny, hummingbird and fawnihuahua are her creations) and my personal favourite, Gemma Correll, she of "Pugs Not Drugs" fame (check out Mr Pickles the Pug and the Rainbow Unicorn) have lent Christine their drawings to be turned into new forms of artwork. So now you can wear some of your fave illustrations everywhere you go. Cool, huh?

A Gemma Correll illustration featuring Mr Pickles the Pug gets turned into cute a pendant necklace.

Susie Ghahremani's original drawing is re-imagined into this sweet silver necklace.

These creations will be available when the Whimsy & Juno shop launches soon!

If you'd like to see more of Christine's designs check out her lovely Chocolate and Steel website here.


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Woo hoo...Love love love them all!!! I am a big fan of Gemma Correll! And I really love those cat earings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lamina! I looove Gemma too! I wish I owned all of her awesome prints!
      x Lauren

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I love these pieces, can't wait until your shop is open!

    Would I mind if I link your blog for Fabulous Friday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqueline! :) I would love to be linked to your Fabulous Friday! Yay! Thank you so much! :)
      x Lauren

      Delete
  3. These are darling! I love that she only uses reclaimed silver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne! I love that Christine recycles too, it's a great way to help the environment (while being able to wear lovely jewellery at the same time!)
      x Lauren

      Delete
  4. wooohooo! sooo cute! i love pugs :) and plus points on the recycling too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and too cool! I agree with Bev, the recycling makes it that much better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very superbly gorgeous, going now to have a better look.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting us, we love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...