Monday, 4 June 2012

Makeup Monday: The Ultimate Tangle Tamer


I am one of those people who constantly has a knot in their hair. Every time I wash it my hair looks like a possum has been nesting in it. Since getting it bleached it's like a possum and it's friends have been having a party in there after every wash. Prolific use of leave in conditioner has done nothing to help the hair nest, and I have been resorting to have my mum comb -or rather yank and pull- the gazillion knots out of my hair (thanks mum!)


Thankfully my days of tearing my hair out trying to get rid of the nest like knots are over due to my hairdresser introducing me to the Tangle Teezer. Apparently this little British made comb is going to be the next big thing in hair due to its miraculous ability to comb out knots without pulling your actual hair out with it. Unlike normal brushes which get tangled in the snarls and make them worse, the specially designed "teeth" on the Tangle Teezer gently comb through knots and untangle them. For the first time in years I have been able to comb out the possum-knots in my wet hair without yanking out wads of hair from my scalp. I don't have to worry about going bald now, which is quite nice.


The Tangle Teezer retails for $29.95 and is so worth the investment! You can also pick from a range of pretty colours too (I got the bubble gum pink one, naturally!) The back of the comb also comes off to act as a cover for the brush so you can easily chuck it in your handbag for those random touch ups during the day.
And look! There's even a special kid friendly Magic Flowerpot ($34.95) where girls can store their favourite hair accessories in the pot and the comb looks like a flower. How cute is that?! Is it weird that I want one for myself?

Are you prone to possum nest hair too? What special tricks do you have for de-nesting?

Have a beautiful week!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. ha ha ha... I remember having severe posseum party hair when I bleached my hair many moons ago! It certainly wasn't fun getting those knots out! Wish I had one of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors! i totally want the Magic Flowerpot too! alas, i do not have any special tricks of de-tangling my hair except the tried and tested yank and pull technique lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! I laughed at the possum nest comment. This looks like an awesome tool, will def look into it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting us, we love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...