Since winter is (finally) getting into the swing of things here in Brisbane - it's actually kind of cold!- I thought it was time to do a winter themed Makeup Monday featuring a few products to help make the season a bit more fun (especially for those us who don't even get to play around in snow *grumble*).
1. First up it's the essential daily moisturiser. I like to use The Body Shop's Hemp Face Protector ($25.95) for when the cold winter air takes its toll. It's great for anyone who suffers from very dry skin but doesn't want that greasy film that some moisturisers can leave on the skin. And, unlike the hemp that you smoke, applying this moisturiser won't give you the munchies. Win!
2. The ultimate nail colour for when the temperature drops is Chanel's Le Vernis Nail Polish in Rouge Noir ($40). Certain to have you feeling vampy in no time, despite any winter chills (and it worked for Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction didn't it?)
3. My favourite hand cream of all time is Aveeno's Intense Relief Hand Cream. It's the only thing that has managed to clear up my eczema and soothe my severely dry hands (and I have tried a lot of hand creams!) Fast absorbing and non-greasy this is the ultimate hand cream- at only $8. I'll take six please!
4. Beth Ditto has created the ultimate winter lip colour through her collaboration with MAC. Her Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Heart Hangover ($40) is a deep berry hue that is the epitome of the classic winter lip.
5. Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, Kiehl's added a new product to their famous Creme de Corps line: the Soy Milk and Honey Whipped Body Butter ($48). In addition to sounding so good that you're tempted to eat it, the body butter provides 24 hour moisturisation due to being packed with shea buttery goodness.
What are your winter beauty must haves?
Have a beautiful week!