Tuesday, 12 June 2012

In Space No One Can Hear You Go Huh?


Prometheus. What are we going to do with you? You had so much potential, so many amazing story lines to choose from, a cast of great actors, such an awesome trailer and yet... you kinda sucked.

I think I heard the hearts of a hundred geeks breaking while watching you in the cinema.

Instead of being left with a sense of where you lead on to the events of Alien we're all left with a big resounding WTF??!!

If you are still confused (I know I am) by the events of Prometheus, rest assured you're not the only one.  Have a read of this article by Owen Vaughan, whose hilarious headline I couldn't resist pinching for this post. In the article he poses the five biggest questions viewers are left with after watching the movie (although Sarah says she could think of a few more).
David: Have you found a way out of this nonsensical plot yet?
Have you seen Prometheus yet? What did you think? Loved it, hated it or just a bit meh over the whole thing?  I'd love to know!

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Oh dear... what a pity (my heart is breaking at the thought)... I think I might wait until it comes out on DVD! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a let down but as I always say, when it comes to movies everyone's different, so if you really want to see it then you should definitely still do that! :) But if you don't get around to it, a DVD rental would be a (cheaper) option! :D
      xoxo Lauren

      Delete
  2. Lauren, you are quite the wordsmith. This post had me laughing out loud!
    Loving BYW but feel like I am not spending enough time in the forums etc. Some amazing blogs out there that is for sure.
    Question.... I need to do quite a bit of work on the layout of my blog - it is so basic. How did you do your title banner thingamiggiggy. It looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! :)
      Don't worry, I'm behind in the lessons on BYW too, and I haven't really joined in on the forums yet either! The lessons are really great though, aren't they?

      I can't actually take credit for the look of the blog (unfortunately!) as I had a blog makeover done by The Media Maid. They're this great little company that can redesign your blog, facebook page, twitter page etc. You can check out their site at: http://www.themediamaid.com.au.

      You can also make your own blog header by using InDesign, Word or Publisher. You just design your header then save it as a picture then load it up in blogger. That's how I made my previous header, it's a pretty simple way to make your blog a little bit more unique. Hope this helps!

      Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll probably see you in the BYW forums sometime! :)
      xoxo Lauren

      Delete
  3. Sorry...IPad froze up. Thanks for checking out my blog. See you in class! K xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what???!!! really???!!! i was planning on watching it this weekend. oh dear, i guess ill just watch the dictator instead lol thanks for the review lauren :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd still go see it just so you know for yourself what it's like- everyone is different. You might not dislike it as much as me! :) It's just that, uh, I was really really disappointed by it- but I'm still glad I got the chance to see what it was like! It just left far too many questions unanswered, and didn't make a lot of sense! Hehe but enjoy whichever movie you choose to watch! :D
      x Lauren

      Delete
  5. Hello Lauren, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the header on your blog, which I see someone else has also commented on. 'See' ypu in the BYW forum.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noooooooooooo..... My boyfriend and I are planning on seeing this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lauren, this is not good news. I'm a big fan of the first two Alien movies so I also had high hopes for this one.

    Bummer.

    Popping over from BYW2 for a visit and browse.

    Enjoy yoru weekend,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting us, we love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...