Monday, 14 May 2012

Makeup Monday: A Hair and Blog Makeover

As you may have noticed our little blog has undergone a makeover! The awesome Katrina from The Media Maid designed the pretty new layout for us and also created the logo for our upcoming shop.

The other thing that received a makeover this past week was my hair. After many months of slowly blonding it up, my hairdresser Kim and I thought it was time to just totally go for it and go kinda crazy. 

Here Is The Hair Inspiration Equation:

Katy Perry
+

Charlotte Free
+

Nicki Minaj
+

Rainbow Brite
=

My new hair colour!

*Please excuse the dodgy pics taken from my iPhone!
I've wanted to go pink for ages so after seven hours, two rounds of bleaching and a tonne of pink and purple hair dye we finally got there! It is rather neon at the moment but it will gradually fade to a fairy-flossy pink shade. Mmm...fairy floss...

Where was I? Oh yeah- thankfully Mum and Dad didn't suffer any spontaneous heart attacks upon first seeing my newly dyed hair, which is always a good thing. Then again I think they've become somewhat used to my spontaneous "surprises" over the years- like the time I got the extra ear piercings... that tattoo on my upper back... the nose piercing...oh and the belly button ring... The poor things have had enough surprises from me to last them a lifetime I think! (Although I did end up taking the nose and belly button rings out after a while so that kinda squares things up, right?)

Has anyone else ever done something spontaneous that has left them with a crazy new hair colour or  piercing (which subsequently scared the hell out of their parents?)  I'd love to hear about it!

Have a beautiful week!


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. awesome hair color! i am for spontaneity so much that in college i got a pageboy haircut that made me look like a marine! this of course made my parents' go ballistic and rattled their opinion of my sexuality LOL they got used to it eventually and now nothing can faze them anymore not even that time i took a very dangerous boat ride over shark-infested waters ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that sounds awesome! I'd love to have really short hair but I don't think I could carry it off. That boat ride sounds super cool too! Scaring the parents is always so much fun isn't it?! :)
      xoxo Lauren

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous colour/s... Love it! I think it will lokk amazing when it fades too :) I always wanted bright blue hair.. but was never game enough and also the jobs I had didn't really allow for that! But I could get away with VERY bright red hair which I had for years... Loved it! Sadly now, that I am older I have toned it down quite a lot... sigh! I miss the good old days!
    Enjoy it while you can I say :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I love you new blog look too :)

      Delete
    2. Awww thank you! I love bright red hair too, it looks awesome! Hehe you could always try the blue anyway - it would give your family a nice surprise! :)
      xoxo Lauren

      Delete
  3. Speaking as a chick, not a mom, I love your hair!!! Speaking as a mom, not a chick - we freak out when you do this kind of stuff because you are our babies and we like to remember you as such. We too, like you, used to do crazy stuff only back then it was shaving mohawks into our hair and piercing our ears as many times as we could (my mom was not pleased, lol). My oldest (22) has purple and pink in her hair right now, a Marilyn piercing, a tongue piercing, nipple piercings (oh joy), gaged ears (small ones - I draw the line at big stretched out ear lobes) and 4 tattoos.

    Speaking as a mom - oy vey.
    Speaking as a chick - I love her Marilyn piercing and the small tattoo on her wrist.

    Enjoy being young and embrace as much wild stuff as you want!

    PS- I loveeeee Katy Perry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you! Oooh did you actually have a mohawk?! Very punk rock! :)
      Wow your daughter sounds like she's rockin' some cool piercings! I'm too much of a wuss to get anything else pierced again except for my ears now! If it's any consolation she's probably pierced everything possible now, so you don't have to worry about any more "surprises"! :)
      Katy Perry is so awesome for hair colour inspiration isn't she? I love her songs too, very sugar-coated pop- which I love!
      xoxo Lauren

      Delete
  4. I really LOVE your hair color! So gorgeous! The purple highlights really set it off. The picture of Katie Perry was fun to see. I saw her the summer her first hit became popular when she was on a small stage at Warped Tour! My son's band was headlining the tour that year. When I'm there, I'm there for the day so I wandered over to see her set. She is cute as a button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jeanne! :) That's so cool about your son! What's the name of his band? That's awesome how you got to see Katy in concert before she really hit it big- I think her ticket prices are way more expensive now! :)
    xoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting us, we love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...