Monday, 30 April 2012

Makeup Monday: Makeup for Rainy Days

If only panda eyes caused by makeup looked this cute!

So, this is supposed to be a post about makeup...but I've been so busy for the past week or so that I haven't actually thought about what to write for today's post at all. The shame! Plus I must say that the most recent event in which I have glammed up for- my graduation from university- resulted in me looking like a panda crossed with a raccoon. Yes, the rain clouds arrived and decided that it wasn't going to stop pouring with rain all freakin' day. Hence the aforementioned raccoon eyes (and frizzy hair, eek!).

So I guess this post will have to be about what I have learned from my rainy graduation day makeup experience:


- When preparing for a loooong day (I had to be up at 4am for the drive to Toowoomba, ugh) of makeup wear start with a great primer to help your foundation last longer. I love Laura Mercier's Oil Free Foundation Primer, it makes your skin feel super smooth and silky and helps your foundation look more natural.


- Take a powder compact or oil blotting papers with you to take care of any shiny-ness before the obligatory photo session (after the ceremony of course, when you've already been awake for 8 hours and been hammered non-stop by wind and rain). I used Clinique's Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder.


- While we're on the subject of pre-photo prepping- chuck a little pop-up travel hair brush into your handbag to tame any unruly frizziness. Sarah kindly whipped out her Sephora one and groomed me before our photo session. Aww, aren't big sisters great?


- Wear a long lasting lipstick or lipgloss that requires minimal touch-ups. It's way better to go for a bright lip in rainy weather as a statement eye will be running down your face quick smart after you step outside! I used Lancome's La Laque Fever Lipgloss in Electric Pink, it's bright and super shimmery and lasts for ages. It's tried and true rainproof!


- This is an obvious no-brainer, but go for a waterproof mascara. Although I must say that even though I used a waterproof one (Diorshow, my fave) by the end of dessert at the celebratory dinner that night I was well and truly in panda eye town. Since this is inevitable in a downpour situation I would recommend popping a few of ModelCo's Eye Liquid Buds in your makeup bag. These ingenious little cotton buds (or q-tips to be American!) are filled with a small amount of makeup remover- perfect for little touchups to running mascara or eye liner. I definitely could have done with a few of these!

Gratuitous cute raccoon photo!

So even though the day was long, rainy and cold, we all still had an amazing time out together. I think some of the best (and most hilarious) times are to be had when something unexpected happens on a big day out, don't you think? Those kinds of days always lead to great stories and plenty of laughs later on too!

Have a beautiful (and hopefully dry) week!

xoxo Lauren

3 comments:

  1. Aww Congrats on graduating!!! I bet you looked beautiful! :) Regardless, thanks for the great tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw lovely post :)x

    pretty-quirky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! i never knew eye liquid buds existed HA! thanks :) the panda is freaking cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting us, we love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...