Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Makeup Monday: YSL Goes Retro Glam


How could I not fall in love with a make up collection inspired by both the fashionable women of 60's fashion and lollies? Yves Saint Laurent's Spring/Summer makeup collection, wonderfully entitled Candy Face, draws inspiration from the bold looks of the 60's and 70's It Girls Elizabeth Taylor, Twiggy and Andy Warhol's muse, Candy Darling. 
Candy Darling
Whereas most other fashion houses have featured softer, floral inspired colour palettes of blues, greens and purples in their latest makeup collections, YSL has opted for bold, striking colours that will add an injection of much needed brightness to our makeup bags.
Candy Face features almost every colour of the spectrum including lime green, bright yellow, hot pink, sky blue and several shades of orange and purple. The two stars of the collection are definitely the Ombres 5 Lumieres 5 Colour Harmony in No. 13 ($99, below) and the Vinyl Candy Palette 4 Colour Harmony ($90, above). If you love channelling a bit of Rainbow Brite in your makeup routine, this is the collection for you!
I also love the range of different textures and shades on offer in the lipstick and lip gloss department (my personal makeup addiction of choice!) There are the shimmer infused, almost frosted lipsticks (Rouge Volupte Perle, pictured below) next to the more sheer (Volupte Sheer Candy) and the delightfully vinyl-like (Golden Gloss). Colours range from the delicate nudes to the shocking pinks- basically all kinds of candy inspired hues that would suit a range of skin tones.

I personally own a Sheer Candy lipstick in Pomegranate and I love it. I get super dry lips and I find this to be really moisturising and the sheer red colour is gorgeous. It makes you look that bit more 'made up' when you can't be bothered putting any other makeup on- which is always a good thing!

Volupte Sheer Candy
One of the other awesome products in the collection is the Voile De Blush ($65), a water based gel blush that comes in colours ranging from orange to purple. Thankfully they actually offer a very subtle sheer wash of colour, though I'm still a bit doubtful over the violet one!
And last but not least, a product I always get excited over in any collection- the nail polish! The collection features two Manucure Couture Duos, the mint chocolate combo of No 7 and the tutti-frutti No 8. I think I'd like both please!
I am in serious love with all of the Spring/Summer makeup collections this year. Every major house has created beautiful, fun, feminine collections with a huge range of colours that seriously has me wanting to take out my wallet. Or perhaps a loan with the bank so that I could afford to buy everything in each collection...

xoxo Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting us, we love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...